Cambridge English Exams
As you improve your English it is incredibly valuable to gain internationally recognised qualifications such as the Cambridge English Exams. At EuroMondiale you can get focused exam preparation help at the same time as you improve your English. Our emphasis is always on building your ability to communicate effectively and accurately. We add to this the exam techniques that help you achieve success.
Talk to us about our weekly lessons that prepare you for the First Certificate, Cambridge Advanced English and IELTS exams.
Principal Cambridge English Exams
KET Key English Test
PET Preliminary English Test
FCE First Certificate in English
CAE Certificate in Advanced English
CPE Certificate of Proficiency in English
IELTS International English Language Testing System
Are you ready to take the test?
Do you want to prove to yourself – and others – how good your English is?
Are you ready yet?
Join our classes to practice and prepare. You will take sample papers and your teacher will help you get it right. You will be given help on exam technique so you maximise your chances of success.
If you need to improve more before you are ready you can join the normal classes as well.
Look at the programme to see which classes are right for you or talk to us!
Let’s see how good you are already!
Take our FREE online level test
Cambridge English: Key (KET)
Cambridge English: Key, also known as Key English Test (KET), is a basic level qualification that shows you can use English to communicate in simple situations. It shows you have made a good start in learning English.
Cambridge English: Key is a basic level qualification that shows you can use English to communicate in simple situations. You can use it to:
- understand simple written English
- communicate in familiar situations
- understand short notices and simple spoken directions
Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET)
Cambridge English: Preliminary, also known as Preliminary English Test (PET), is an intermediate level qualification. It shows you are able to use your English language skills for work, study and travel.
Cambridge English: Preliminary is set at Level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Reaching this level means you can:
- understand the main points of straightforward instructions or public announcements
- deal with most of the situations you might meet when travelling as a tourist in an English-speaking country
- ask simple questions and take part in factual conversations in a work environment
- write letters/emails or make notes on familiar matters.
Cambridge English: First (FCE)
Cambridge English: First, also known as First Certificate in English (FCE), is an upper-intermediate level qualification. It proves you can use everyday written and spoken English for work or study purposes.
The FCE is set at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Reaching this level means you can:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
The demand for high-level English language skills is increasing all around the world. Passing Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) shows that you are a high achiever.
Why Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is a badge of excellence:
- Accepted globally as proof of high achievement.
More than 4,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world accept Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) as proof of high-level achievement.
A certificate with endless opportunities.
- Helps you develop the language skills you need for success, and can be used for your university and student visa applications in the UK and Australia.
- It provides high-level English skills for academic and professional success.
Preparing for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) helps learners develop the skills to make the most of studying, working and living in English-speaking countries.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
IELTS is the world’s most popular test for higher education and global migration. Last year, over 2 million candidates took the IELTS test to start their journeys into education and employment.
The IELTS scoring system is recognised globally, giving you a truly international result. You will receive a score of 0–9, with 0 being for those who did not attempt the test, and 9 being for those with a high level of English. Most universities accept scores between 6–7 as being suitable for undergraduate study in English.